PSC Workshop: Plein-Air-to-Studio Landscape Workshop with Christine Debrosky
April 5, 2022 to April 8, 2022
PACE Center in Parker, Colorado
Do You Want to Infuse Your Pastel with the Magic of Natural Light?
"It's All about the Light! Sunlight and Shadow", a Plein-Air-to-Studio Landscape Workshop with Christine Debrosky, AIS, AWA, IAPS Master CircleLocation: PACE Center in Parker, Colorado.
20000 Pikes Peak Ave
Parker, CO 80138
Dates: April 5-8, 2022
9:30am - 4:30pm; Lunch 12:30-1:30
The best way to learn about the landscape is to be in it!
We will spend a day, or day and a half (weather permitting) working out on location. The experience of being immersed in the sights, sounds, smells and feeling the sun and wind is unmatched.
Once back in the studio, we will have the time and space to develop sound painting technique and focus on the important design aspect of painting.
By focusing on the glow of light and deep, rich shadows, students will learn how to create more engaging, dramatic landscapes.
Using student's own reference materials (including plein air paintings during the workshop), participants will learn how to work with the essence of the landscape in an inspiring and insightful session.Some of the points covered will be:
- Learn how to identify and simplify light and dark patterns.
- The importance of " touch". Strokes, and whether to apply a feathery light touch, or rich impasto strokes. These can make or break a pastel painting.
- How to work with a light key.
- Varied lighting conditions…such as dappled light, low light, morning and evening etc.
- How to analyze and make BEST use of reference material.
- The importance of a value plan…how light is translated.
- Color choices…palette, and how underlying support affects finished work.
- Composing…! The importance of good design will be emphasized, demonstrated, and explained throughout the four days.
- Demonstrations, and individual "at-easel in progress critique will take place daily.
The workshop will conclude with a critique discussion on all of the work done during class.
In addition to listed supplies, students should bring an assortment of their own landscape images. These may be prints, or on an i-pad or laptop. Images on phones only are not acceptable. Supply lists will be provided upon request or once registered.QUESTIONS?
Contact our Workshop Chair David Dubas at firstname.lastname@example.orgREGISTER through the button below (pay with either a PayPal account or a Credit/Debit Card)
PSC Members $425/4 days
Non-Members $455/4 daysCancellation Policy
consists of an emailed or written cancel notification, then a refund of the registration fee, less a $75 administrative fee will be allowed until March 5, 2022. After that date refunds will not be given unless your spot is filled by another person from a wait list; in that event you can request a refund minus $75 processing fees. If you are a no-show (without prior cancellation in writing), no refund will be given."COVID REGULATIONS: As we get closer to the actual workshop dates, we will keep participants aware of any Colorado state and/or Douglas County regulations/mandates.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL participants must be Covid vaccinated and be able to show proof of vaccination if requested. We will keep you posted whether masks will be required during the workshop. Thank you!